Job ID: #9432
Scientist I (NGS)
Research & Development
Located in Watertown, MA
Responsibilities of the Scientist I (NGS):
- Responsible for assay development and NGS sequencing.
- Perform molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid purification, quantification, and PCR.
- Plan, design, and execute complex experimental studies and meticulously record results in an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN).
- Perform comprehensive data analysis, write detailed reports, and present summary findings in company meetings.
- Analytically troubleshoot to determine critical process parameters and conduct assay optimization to maintain and/or improve high-quality results generation while driving cost and complexity down.
Requirements of the Scientist I (NGS):
- PhD in Biological Sciences, Biomolecular Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related discipline with 0-2 years of relevant experience in academia or industry laboratory setting focused on NGS assay development.
- Solid understanding of genetics with expertise in molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid purification, quantification, and PCR.
- Experience with NGS, specifically library preparation and enrichment techniques.
- Experience with additional sequencing chemistries, such as RNA sequencing is a plus.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.