Scientist I/Scientist II, Process Development Purification
Responsibilities of the Scientist I/Scientist II, Process Development Purification:
- Manage and execute laboratory operations, which includes planning and performing viral purification, sample tracking and management, maintaining a scientific laboratory notebook, attending departmental/project meetings.
- Continually improve processes via new technologies, analytics, and strategies.
- Perform comprehensive data analysis of process statistics, identify process deviations, and prepare technical reports and presentations.
- Assist in the process transfer, lean & reliable execution of scale up processes.
- Mentor more junior lab associates.
Requirements of the Scientist I/Scientist II, Process Development Purification:
- MS/Ph.D. with 2+ years’ experience in a process development laboratory.
- Strong background in column chromatography and scale-up techniques using AKTA Avant, Spectrum/Repligen KrosFlo systems.
- Experience and/or understanding of separation technologies: affinity, ion-exchange and multimodal chromatography, and TFF.
- Must have experience purifying biologics, viral product preferred.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.