Scientist II, Antibody and Small Molecule Characterization
Responsibilities of the Scientist II, Antibody and Small Molecule Characterization:
- Lead development of analytical assays for biochemical and biophysical characterization of lentiviral vectors, plasmids, and residual impurities
- Lead the generation and life cycle management of critical reagents to support our broad range of programs
- Perform all stages of antibody and detection reagent preparation including dye conjugation, purification, analytics, and supporting stability assessments
- Support assay qualification activities and interact with CMOs and other vendors as a subject matter expert on an as needed basis
- Assume responsibility for the generation, review and approval of SOPs and technical protocols/reports and preparing scientific presentations
- Support analytical sections of regulatory filings
Requirements of the Scientist II, Antibody and Small Molecule Characterization:
- A Ph.D. in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, or related discipline with 2-4 years of relevant industry experience
- Experienced with LC/MS characterization of protein samples, especially for antibodies/antibody conjugates as well as with antibody purification and characterization
- Hands-on experience with protein conjugation, purification, characterization, and immunoassays using techniques like HPLC, ELISA, gel electrophoresis, cIEF, flow cytometry etc.
- Experience conducting stability studies
- Expertise in design, execution, and troubleshooting of protein conjugation and analytics processes
- Familiar with and passionate about supervising and/or mentoring lab personnel, thrive in a cross-functional environment and drive projects to successful outcomes
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.