Scientist, In Vivo
Responsibilities of the Scientist, In Vivo:
- Manage 1-3 research associates to generate robust pharmacological and disease relevant biological data.
- Design, plan, and execute in-vivo studies in immunodeficient mice for hematology and immuno-oncology.
- Support the implementation and validation of new animal models.
- Perform in-vitro assays; including erythroid differentiation, colony forming assays, ELISA, flow cytometry, and qPCR.
- Experience with cell culture in primary cells and cell lines.
- Analyze data using software including FlowJo, Excel, and GraphPad Prism.
- Follow IACUC protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinate in vivo pharmacology research in a matrixed environment, as well as external academic collaborations and an extensive network of CROs.
Requirements of the Scientist, In Vivo:
- PhD with at least 2 years’ experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or BS/MS with over 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with immunodeficient mice is required; including animal handling, routine injections, and necropsy.
- Working knowledge of immuno-oncology, chimeric antigen receptors (CAR), T cell-mediated cytotoxicity, and animal models of adoptive therapy is desirable.
- Expertise working with in vivo animal models of engraftment.
- Experience with ELISA, flow cytometry, and qPCR.
- Experience with IVIS Imaging.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.