Job ID: #9415
Scientist – LNP Formulation
Research & Development
Located in Cambridge, MA
Responsibilities of the Scientist – LNP Formulation:
- Development, optimization, and troubleshooting of LNP/mRNA formulation processes at various scales.
- Develop new assays or detailed investigations of specific LNP attributes as required.
- Screen final formulation buffers and excipients to improve the long-term stability of LNPs.
- Maintain up-to-date records and prepare internal reports.
- Characterize LNP formulations and components using Dynamic Light Scattering, Ribogreen, HPLC, etc.
- Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to team members and management.
- Maintain stocks and supplies for the operation of the Process Development Functions.
- Participate in technology transfer activities related to manufacturing processes and/or analytical methods to external partner programs.
- Contribute to technical discussions & intellectual property.
- Characterize the mRNA encapsulated LNPs for their size, zeta potential, morphology, encapsulation efficiency, integrity, and stability using relevant assays (DLS, TEM, Ribogreen, CE, AGE, PAGE, UV-VIS, HPLC, etc.).
- Work closely with mRNA synthesis, LNP/RNP formulation, and in vitro and in vivo team members.
- Evaluate, interpret, and compile LNP characterization data into study reports for company meetings.
Requirements of the Scientist – LNP Formulation:
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutics, materials science or related field.
- Experience in making LNPs using Microfluidics, T-mixer, or other inline mixers.
- Experience with tangential flow filtration (TFF) and sterile filtration.
- Proficiency with related LNP/mRNA analytical techniques (e.g. plate-based fluorescence assays, HPLC, LC/MS).
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask, and complete deliverables within timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.