Scientist, Metabolic Engineering
Responsibilities of the Scientist, Metabolic Engineering:
- Construct, test, and optimize biosynthetic pathways using various metabolic engineering and synthetic biology tools.
- Apply knowledge of microbial physiology, biochemistry, and metabolism to improve titers, yields, and productivity of engineered strains.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to implement experimental plans and achieve project goals.
- Communicate results of experiments with colleagues.
Requirements of the Scientist, Metabolic Engineering:
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or a related field.
- Hands-on experience in genetic engineering tools, including cloning, pathway assembly, and chromosomal manipulation.
- Expertise in microbial physiology and metabolism.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.