Scientist, Molecular Biology
- Design and optimize cell based assays related to nucleic acid technologies and oncology related drug targets.
- Plan, carry out experiments, report data and work with others to achieve timely execution of projects.
- Act as a resource for molecular experimentation and technologies.
- Perform as part of a multi-disciplinary team and troubleshoot problems/identify solutions to technical challenges.
- Plan and document well designed experiments, prepare data and content.
- Ability to lead/work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Maintain excellent levels of safety and environmental standards within the laboratory.
Requirements of the Scientist, Molecular Biology:
- Ph.D. in life science related discipline with 0-3 years industry experience.
- Strong molecular skill set including but not limited to, qPCR, DNA/RNA preparation and extraction, genomic analysis, base pair sequencing, and primer design.
- Experience with immunology/immune-oncology based assays is a strong plus.
- Hands on cell culture experience with mammalian cell lines.
- Strong background in statistical data analysis is helpful.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.