Scientist, Molecular Biology
Responsibilities of the Scientist, Molecular Biology:
- Responsible for optimization and execution of the company platform, including biochemical and molecular biology techniques (cloning, PCR, sequencing), and assay development.
- Support and manage interactions with vendors, research associates and others to ensure optimal SOPs and QC.
- Responsible for generating, handling, and analyzing workflows pertaining to antibody profiling from human samples.
- Troubleshoot and innovate around phage display and immunoprecipitation and ELISA techniques, including novel methods of protein fragment display.
- Cloning of high-complexity libraries.
- PCR-based library preparation for Next Generation Sequencing.
Requirements of the Scientist, Molecular Biology:
- Ph.D. degree in Immunology, Molecular/Cellular biology or closely related field.
- Must have 2+ years experience with cloning, immunoprecipitation, and experience with NGS sequencing data.
- Immunology experience, including assay development and screening in relevant disease areas, ideally in human samples are valued.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.