Scientist, Molecular Biology
Responsibilities of the Scientist, Molecular Biology:
- Design, optimize and trouble-shoot assays related high throughput NGS and other molecular assays.
- Perform primary cell culture of mammalian cells and human stem cells
- Prepare NGS libraries
- Optimize other cell-based assays as needed.
- Implement standard operating procedures, document protocols and technology transfer.
- Work with partnered CRO and CDMOS.
- Present findings with the internal team and key stakeholders.
- As the team grows, train and lead junior/new team members.
Requirements of the Scientist, Molecular Biology:
- PhD in life science related discipline with 3+ years relevant laboratory experience, preferably in a drug discovery environment.
- Strong background in molecular biology, specifically in NGS.
- Hands on experience with mammalian cell culture, iPSCS and other stem cell differentiation experience is preferred
- Previous experience optimizing assays from low to high throughput is highly desired.
- Experience with other cell based and/or immunoassays is a plus.
- Ability to work in a small startup environment and take on other duties as needed.Scientist, Molecular Biology
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.