Scientist, mRNA Process Development
Responsibilities of the Scientist, mRNA Process Development:
- Lead optimization of in vitro transcription (IVT) reaction at small and large scale.
- Develop downstream purification operations for mRNA appropriate to the scale of the process.
- Identify production-scale equipment and develop operating instructions for each unit.
- Develop biochemical, cell-based and chromatographic assays in collaboration with the analytical team for raw materials characterization, in-process and final product testing.
- Maintain accurate and complete lab records and other documentation.
- Write and review technical and regulatory documents including ELN entries, batch records, work instructions, SOPs, technical reports and INDs.
Requirements of the Scientist, mRNA Process Development:
- PhD or Masters degree in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or relevant biological sciences discipline with relevant industry experience, in biological process development or manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of nucleic acids chemistry and mRNA handling/synthesis.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.