Responsibilities of the Scientist, NGS:
- Develop, design, optimize and execute assays to assess the genome-modifying potential of base editors.
- Support off-target editing risk assessment for different projects.
- Next-generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation and sequencing.
- Mammalian cell culture and transfection.
- Maintain detailed documentation of experiments in the ELN system.
- Coordinate and work with other teams at Beam in a highly matrixed environment.
- Data analysis to visualize outcomes of genome editing.
Requirements of the Scientist, NGS:
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, genetics or other relevant field or Bachelors/Masters degree with 10 years relevant experience.
- Industry experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated mastery of NGS including DNA/RNA sequencing library preparation and quantification, familiarity with Illumina sequencing platforms e.g. Miseq, and extensive experience in molecular biology and cell biology (DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, cell culture and transfection).
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.