Position located in Waltham, MA
Responsibilities of the Scientist (NGS):
- Optimize and improve existing plasmid DNA library construction methods for different NGS platforms.
- Improving existing library preparation protocols to enable sequencing of samples of all sizes and complex sequence content.
- Perform library quality control, quantification and assessments to ensure high quality sequencing data.
- Work with bioinformaticians to develop analysis pipelines for different library prep approaches.
- Present updates on progress, roadblocks, and new ideas in team meetings and company seminars.
- Maintain detailed laboratory notebooks and documentation of all experimental work according to quality guidelines.
Requirements of the Scientist (NGS):
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field with 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience with next-generation sequencing library construction, including plasmid DNA library prep. Oxford Nanopore platform experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with standard molecular biology and recombinant DNA techniques like PCR, cloning, purification of DNA, and applications of nucleic acid modifying enzymes.
- Understanding of sequencing platforms, data analysis processes, and bioinformatics tools.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.