Scientist, Protein Purification
- Purify novel proteins to support multiple drug discovery platforms.
- Develop bench-scale purification techniques including harvesting, filtration, chromatography (SEC, ProA, ProG, ProL, CEX, AEX, HIC, IMAC, Mixed modes).
- Carry out biophysical and biochemical assays to help identify drug candidates.
- Provide knowledge, leadership, and training to protein division.
- Troubleshoot and design experimental protocols, including miniaturization and parallel processing.
- Communicate results and effectively present team.
Requirements of the Scientist, Protein Purification:
- MS/PhD in life science related discipline with 2+ years industry experience.
- Must have hands on protein purification experience, drug discovery experience is a plus.
- Previous biochemical and/or biophysical assay experience is helpful.
- Working knowledge of multiple chromatography methods and instrument platforms.
- Experience with mammalian cell system including, preferably CHO or HEK.
- Ability to troubleshoot purification equipment and liquid handlers.
- Must be ok working in startup environment.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.