Scientist – Protein Sciences
Responsibilities of the Scientist – Protein Sciences:
- A strong team player that brings people along through a supportive, engaged and creative way of working.
- In depth knowledge of principles guiding protein purification and analysis.
- In depth knowledge of surface-, solution- and cell-based affinity determination methods.
- Extensive experience with protein purification methodologies (conventional ion exchange, reverse-phase, size-exclusion chromatography, and various affinity resins).
- Extensive experience with protein analytical methodologies (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, immunoprecipitations, and HPLC).
- Extensive experience with SPR and Kinetic Exclusion Assay methodologies (Biacore and Kinexa).
Requirements of the Scientist – Protein Sciences:
- Completed Ph.D. in Biochemistry, protein chemistry or related fields and minimum of 5+ years of pharmaceutical laboratory experience required.
- Ability to multitask, independently organize time and plan specifics of work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated in a team environment.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.