Scientist, RNA Biochemistry
Responsibilities of the Scientist, RNA Biochemistry:
- Experimental design for high throughput discovery in vitro biochemical assays related to RNA.
- Utilize methods such as RNA splicing, transcription, translation, enzymatic assays, and RNA manipulation.
- Genomic editing using Cas9 for RNA.
- Perform mammalian cell culture and cell based assays as needed.
- Plasmid subcloning, RNA preparations, PCR.
- Present scientific data during internal and external meetings.
Requirements of the Scientist, RNA Biochemistry:
- PhD in life science discipline with strong background in RNA biochemistry.
- Displayed experience utilizing in vitro biochemical assays for RNA.
- Molecular experience with protein/protein or RNA/protein interactions is a plus.
- Ability to maintain and culture mammalian cell lines and perform cell-based assays.
- Must be ok working in small team environment.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.