Scientist/Senior Scientist (Computational Chemist)
Position located in New York, NY
Responsibilities of the Scientist/Senior Scientist (Computational Chemist):
- Will work with a team of scientists and contribute to early stage drug discovery projects.
- Preparing computational simulations for use as AI/ML training data.
- Keeping up-to-date on cutting edge computational theoretical chemistry research.
- Writing and publishing peer reviewed scientific articles.
Requirements of the Scientist/Senior Scientist (Computational Chemist):
- PhD in Computational Life Sciences Discipline (e.g. Computational Chemistry, Computational Physics/Biophysics, Computational Structural Biology, Computational Medicinal Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, etc.)
- Understanding of computational chemistry concepts such as potential energy surface (PES), (inter)molecular forces/interactions, molecular properties, force field, molecular dynamics, etc.
- Must have 1-5 years industry experience.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.