- Lead a team in the development of new platform technologies and methodologies that improve company’s ability to discover therapeutic antibodies and characterize their impact on disease processes.
- Examples include scRNA-seq, microfluidic droplet-based assays, yeast surface display-based methods and NGS-related methods.
- Operationalize scRNA-seq and related methods, with application to a variety of animal model and patient samples.
- Collaborate across functional teams in developing experimental strategies, optimizing methods, and interpreting data for research studies using scRNA-seq and other experimental platform technologies.
- Identify opportunities for enhancements in platform technologies and devise strategies to integrate new capabilities into existing workflows.
- Coordinate closely with the computational biology team in analysis of large datasets to extract and interpret key biological/immunological features relevant to disease processes and therapeutic mechanisms.
- Independently analyze scientific results, troubleshoot methods, conceive creative solutions, and extract key findings.
Requirements of the Scientist, Sequencing:
- PhD in molecular biology, immunology, biochemistry or related field with 3+ years of post-doctoral research experience in an industry setting, or BS/MS with approximately 15 years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing new complex, high-throughput molecular biology and cell biology-based technologies and methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience with using complex molecular biology methods to characterize disease processes in animal model or patient samples.
- Strong data analysis skills.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.