Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Drug Discovery
Responsibilities of the Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Drug Discovery:
- Lead and implement the design and development of cellular assays for small molecule cancer therapeutics.
- Manage the evaluation and characterization of small molecule compounds during hit to lead, lead optimization and candidate characterization stages.
- Evaluate target biology and novel compound mechanisms.
- Manage and communicate with CROs.
- Lead/Manage team of junior Scientists and Research Associates.
Requirements of the Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Drug Discovery:
- Ph.D in life science related discipline with 5+ years industry experience.
- Strong background in cancer biology or cancer genetics.
- Must have previous experience leading/managing a team in drug discovery setting.
- Well documented display of publications and peer reviews scientific journals.
- Must be ok working in fast paced startup environment.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.