Scientist/Sr. Scientist – Medicinal Chemistry
Located in Cambridge, MA
Responsibilities of the Scientist/Sr. Scientist – Medicinal Chemistry:
- Will perform modern chromatographic and analytical techniques like TLC, column chromatography, HPLC, and NMR to purify and characterize organic compounds.
- Design and execute multi-step synthesis to prepare nucleic acid monomers, synthesize modified oligonucleotides, and perform bioconjugation of oligonucleotides to ligands.
- Perform synthesis, purification, and analysis of oligonucleotides including DNA, RNA and modified oligos or peptides.
- Provide clear written and verbal updates to project teams and management.
- Serve as chemistry lead on cross-functional project teams.
Requirements of the Scientist/Sr. Scientist – Medicinal Chemistry:
- Ph.D. in medicinal chemistry or a related discipline, and 0-3 years of relevant experience in industry or academia.
- Experience in nucleoside/oligonucleotide synthesis and purification.
- Experience with bioconjugation methods, including purification, and characterization.
- Oligonucleotide synthesis experience using automated DNA/RNA synthesizers is a plus.
- Demonstrable strong publication and/or patent track record of scientific excellence in the design and synthesis of bioactive compounds.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.