Senior Associate, Biomarkers
Responsibilities of the Senior Associate, Biomarkers:
- Managing the physical accessioning of multiple incoming human sample types including blood, blood fractions, FFPE tissue and cells.
- Resolving vendor manifests with physical samples, documenting permanent on-site storage locations.
- Managing outgoing shipments for different workflows by pulling physical samples from cold storage, cross checking outgoing manifests and generating sample labels as needed.
- Maintaining accurate and accessible records of all incoming and outgoing samples.
- Supporting blood extraction workflows as needed, such as by generating labels for daughter aliquots.
- Desired, but not required: Executing needed sample aliquoting of blood, plasma or DNA.
- Executing validated blood separation, extraction and/or QC protocols.
Requirements of the Senior Associate, Biomarkers:
- BS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related field.
- 2+ years of biotechnology industry experience or greater.
- Significant hands-on experience with complex sample management protocols, multiple sample types, storage locations and downstream target workflows.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.