Senior Associate Scientist (Oligonucleotide Synthesis)
Position located in Cambridge, MA
Responsibilities of the Senior Associate Scientist (Oligonucleotide Synthesis):
- Work closely with senior scientists to accomplish high throughput synthesis of long oligos.
- Independently synthesize, cleave, deprotect, analyze and purify RNAs in a high throughput format.
- Supply synthetic RNA to support preclinical programs.
- Assist in method development to synthesize, analyze, and purify synthetic oligonucleotides.
- Apply methods to characterize oligonucleotides using HPLC, LC-MS, and/or CE.
- Assist in ordering supplies, making reagents, and maintaining a safe laboratory.
- Perform experiments, organize and analyze data, interpret results, write and maintain accurate experimental records and protocols, and summarize work in presentations and technical reports.
Requirements of the Senior Associate Scientist (Oligonucleotide Synthesis):
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related fields, with 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Basic understanding with solid-phase synthesis, purification, and analysis of oligonucleotides is desirable.
- Prior experience with Dr. Oligo XLc / MerMade / Expedite / ABI 3900 synthesizers is desirable.
- Experience with analytical methods to examine biopolymers including HPLC (AEX/RP), LCMS, and UV-vis spectroscopy.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.