Job ID: #9414
Senior Associate Scientist/Scientist – Oligonucleotide Chemistry
Research & Development
Located in Cambridge, MA
Responsibilities of the Sr. Associate Scientist/Scientist – Oligonucleotide Chemistry:
- Synthesis and biophysical analysis and characterization of oligonucleotides (RNA, ASOs, siRNAs, mRNA and gRNAs).
- Characterization of small molecules and nucleic acids using NMR and LC-MS.
- Developing analytical methods, and delivery systems with a focus on new modalities.
- Planning and conducting experiments with minimum supervision; generating, evaluating, and reporting data clearly and reliably.
- Providing data interpretation and making recommendations to project teams and other stakeholders.
- Utilize specialized oligonucleotide synthesizers (e.g., Dr.Oligo, AKTA Oligopilot, Mermade) with oversight to produce high quality oligonucleotides.
- Operate and maintain HPLC, and LC-MS for qualitative analysis and purification of synthetic oligonucleotides.
- Critical analysis and evaluation of data to optimize synthesis yield, purity and formulation of modified oligonucleotides.
- Quantitate compounds spectroscopically for in vitro and in vivo experiments.
- Supply oligonucleotides for research and drug development programs according to priorities and timelines.
Requirements of the Sr. Associate Scientist/Scientist – Oligonucleotide Chemistry:
- PhD. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of academic or industrial hands-on experience in oligonucleotide characterization.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of mass spectrometry equipment and the use of mass analysis software.
- The ability to write custom macros in Excel for streamlining the reporting of results.
- Exceptionally strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.