Senior Director, Antibody Engineering
Responsibilities of the Senior Director, Antibody Engineering:
- Direct the characterization, screening and selection of therapeutic antibody leads, including
- novel scaffolds and advance lead molecules into the clinic.
- Take a lead role in organizing the team to deliver on validation of target and drug.
- Interact cross-functionally with multi-disciplinary teams involved in cellular immunology
- assays and in vivo pharmacology studies.
- Develop new and cutting-edge technologies to advance the discovery, lead optimization, and
- engineering of antibodies that solve challenging biological problems.
- Lead an independent research group and collaborate across the organization to discover and
- advance next generation therapeutics.
- Focus on documentation practices which are relevant to regulatory expectations on data
Requirements of the Senior Director, Antibody Engineering:
- PhD in either biochemistry/immunology, structural biology with focus on protein/ antibody engineering, computational biophysics or related field with 8+ years of postgraduate experience in protein engineering projects, a majority of which should be in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Substantial hands-on experience in antibody engineering and computational modeling which includes structure-based protein analysis and/or engineering to model the effects of sequence changes on
- protein function.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing (NGS) is a plus.
- A track record of driving therapeutic antibody / protein programs from early discovery into development stage.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.