Senior Engineer, Product Development
- Perform mechanical engineering principles, materials, structural mechanics and design for manufacturability and reliability towards achieving user requirements and design specifications.
- Support transfer to manufacturing process for pre-production prototypes.
- Develops concepts from initial design to market release.
- Evaluate and modify existing technology.
- Designs and implements new processes, materials/machines, and products for market release.
- Perform DV, IQ, OQ, PQ test protocols, and risk analysis.
- Transfer designs for manufacturing.
- Interact with clients for prototyping.
Requirements of the Senior Engineer, Product Development:
- BS/MS in mechanical engineering, or other related discipline.
- Proven track record in design for manufacture and transfer to manufacture, with strong knowledge of manufacturing techniques, mechanisms, materials, and tolerancing.
- SolidWorks 3D CAD proficiency.
- Exposure to medical device preferred, or other highly regulated industry.
- Experience with full product life cycle from concept/prototype to post market release.
- Preferred experience with optics, injection molding, vacuum forming, and circuitry.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.