Job ID: #9371
Senior Manager – Lab Operations
Research & Development
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager – Lab Operations:
- Will be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the lab, playing an essential role in the team’s efforts to advance safety and health by ensuring the lab is a safe and welcoming environment and implementing systems to increase efficiencies in time, labor, and cost.
- Serve as the lab’s Environmental Safety Officer and its Lab Operations Representative. Oversee lab safety and regulatory compliance (including educating and training lab members), and coordinate with EHS and facilities as needed to ensure the lab environment is safe.
- Maintain lab safety standards by frequent education, refreshers, and walkthroughs, working closely with partnered safety consultants.
- Work closely with the senior lab staff to address issues in the lab as they arise, develop solutions to open challenges, and guide the overall direction of lab operations.
- Communicate with all team members regarding logistical and administrative issues in the lab.
- Identify inefficiencies or opportunities for process improvement in the lab environment and cost savings.
- Maintain and improve upon processes within the lab to increase efficiency including lab consumables management, chemical management, reagents management, and protocols for equipment.
Requirements of the Senior Manager – Lab Operations:
- BS or MS in chemistry, biology, or a related discipline.
- 7+ years lab management experience required.
- Must have experience maintaining a biology and chemistry laboratory.
- Biotech/pharmaceutical industry background highly preferred.
- Previous experience leading a team.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.