Senior Microbial Engineer
Position located in Boston, MA
Responsibilities of the Senior Microbial Engineer:
- Work collaboratively with other lab/bench scientists to implement strain engineering and analysis workflows.
- Engineer newly-domesticated strains to maximize their performance against a variety of target metrics.
- Design and execute screens and implement them across dozens of microbial species in a high-throughput experimental workflow.
- Perform PCR, DNA purification, cloning, genome editing, DNA assembly, and DNA sequencing.
- Contribute to key projects and ensure completion of core company milestones.
Requirements of the Senior Microbial Engineer:
- PhD in Metabolic engineering, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Microbiology, Biology, or related fields with 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in molecular biology (e.g., PCR, DNA purification, cloning, genome editing, DNA assembly, DNA sequencing) of yeast and bacteria, especially in the development and use of tools for rapid and effective strain engineering.
- Able to work full-time in the US.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.