Senior Research Associate, Oncology
Responsibilities of the Senior Research Associate, Oncology:
- Perform a wide variety of cell-based assays (including but not limited to: western blot, qPCR,
- ELISA, luminescence assays, flow cytometry, phenotypic assays, CRISPR in human cancer cell lines
- Support genetic or pharmacological studies to identify and explore novel targets
- Mouse colony management to support tissue procurement and in vivo studies
- Perform compound formulation and tissue sampling when necessary to support experiments
- Document, analyze, and interpret data; present results and conclusions in team settings
- Support the organization by maintaining a work environment focused on scientific integrity, open communication, and collaboration
Requirements of the Senior Research Associate, Oncology:
- BS or MS in biology or a related field with 2-5 years of relevant lab-based experience using cellular models of cancer.
- Must have CRISPR and mammalian cell culture experience
- Must have experience working with cancer cell lines
- Willing to learn basic laboratory mouse handling and tissue collection techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.