Senior Scientist, Diagnostic Assays
Responsibilities of the Senior Scientist, Diagnostic Assays:
- Serve in a technical leadership role for next-generation assays; leading projects to successful completion while working under tight timelines.
- Will lead a team as well as have the opportunity to be part of the hiring process later on
- Take part as an individual contributor in furthering the development of our molecular diagnostic assay panels under design control, including verification and validation.
- Design, optimize and verify reagent and controls formulations for performance while maintaining Quality System compliance
- Assist in planning and resource allocation ensuring milestones and timelines are met as projected
- Interface with Company Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality.
Requirements of the Senior Scientist, Diagnostic Assays:
- Ph.D. in Biophysics, Biochemistry, biosynthesis, bioengineering, or biology is preferred, Experience in microbiology is particularly relevant, mathematics is a plus with 3+years experience industry or 2+ years plus post doc
- Masters 10+ years industry experience
- Cell culture, bacteria, amino assay experience required
- IVD experience with molecular diagnostics
- Any experience with custom, microfluidic , fluidic diagnostic is preferred
- Demonstrated technical expertise with PCR, infectious disease detection, and/or in developing and optimizing DNA-based assays.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, cross-functional abilities, collaborative, and self-motivated. Knows how to think outside the box.
- Capable of developing clear work instructions, SOPs, reports and other documentation.
- A strong work ethic and ability to generate high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Someone who has worked in commercial environment who has quality control/buying supplies experience is a plus
- Proficient with statistical analysis methods and software a plus.
- Experience supporting troubleshooting efforts: Root-cause investigations, corrective actions, and remedial actions
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.