Senior Scientist, NGS
Responsibilities of the Senior Scientist, NGS:
- Leading experimental designs and execution supporting the development of a novel multi-analyte NGS-based assay for early cancer detection.
- Driving the analysis and interpretation on key projects communicating those findings to the broader management team.
- Advise and mentor junior staff in the development and transfer of successful workflow designs, guiding the troubleshooting, testing and writing of SOPs.
Requirements of the Senior Scientist, NGS:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, or related field.
- 2+ years of biotechnology industry experience in NGS assay development.
- Strong molecular biology background with a foundational skill set in NGS lab technologies such as nucleic acid extraction, quantitation, library construction and related workflows.
- Experience in designing full biomarker lab workflows.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.