Senior Research Associate, Protein Engineering
Responsibilities of the Senior Research Associate, Protein Engineering:
- Independently conceive and design protein engineering solutions to achieve desired biological outcomes.
- Perform transient transfections and/or viral transductions followed by flow cytometric analysis in a research setting to test the protein engineering hypothesis.
- Perform western blots and qPCR analysis as required to perform further analysis.
- Interpret results, troubleshoot technical hurdles, and propose next steps and solutions.
- Maintain cell cultures and cell banks as needed to support experimental work including occasional production of viral vectors.
- Maintain excellent records of experiments in lab notebooks in a timely manner.
Requirements of the Senior Research Associate, Protein Engineering:
- BS/MS degree in biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology or other relevant field.
- Must have 1+ years experience with flow cytometry, quantitative PCR, western blot, and ELISA.
- Strong experience with cell culture techniques with both adherent and suspension cell lines.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.