Senior Scientist/Scientist, Metabolic Engineering
- Design and engineer bacterial and yeast strains using a variety of microbiological and molecular methods.
- Collaborate with members of cross-organizational research teams.
- Contribute to planning, strategic direction, experimental design, data analysis and interpretation.
- Maintain laboratory documentation in accordance to required scientific, regulatory, and intellectual property requirements.
Requirements of the Senior Scientist/Scientist, Metabolic Engineering:
- Ph.D in life science related discipline with 2+ year’s industry experience.
- Must have displayed hands-on experience working with various prokaryotic cells and yeast.
- Experience with gene editing and construction of bacterial strains.
- Ability to manage and guide research projects to successful outcomes.
- Strong understanding of synthetic biology and metabolic engineering concepts.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.