Sr. Computational Biologist
Responsibilities of the Sr. Computational Biologist:
- Develop and implement automated methods and analytical tools to deliver insights and hypotheses from multi-dimensional biological data sets.
- Use established programming standards and best practices in building Bioinformatics tools.
- Work within an interdisciplinary team of data scientists and statisticians to support utilization and optimization of discovery platform.
- Present scientific and technical data to both internal and external scientific colleagues in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Bring in original ideas to create solutions to complex problems.
Requirements of the Sr. Computational Biologist:
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational biology or other related fields.
- 3+ years of relevant postgraduate research experience, including biotech/pharma experience.
- Experience in R programming and SQL.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.