Sr. Lab Manager
Responsibilities of the Sr. Lab Manager:
- Maintain overall lab organization and cleanliness.
- Manage outsourced facility technician/lab assistant.
- Handle lab equipment purchases, including price negotiation, purchasing and installation.
- Coordinate and ensure proper maintenance and repair of lab equipment.
- Manage & support a shared on-site vivarium.
- Establish new chemistry space and capabilities in the existing laboratory.
- Oversee safety consultant. Conduct orientation and annual safety training for all lab personnel.
Requirements of the Sr. Lab Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related area.
- 5+ years of laboratory management skills with preference given to industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience as biosafety and/or chemical safety officer.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.