Sr. Laboratory Manager
Responsibilities of the Sr. Laboratory Manager:
- Maintain and improve upon processes within the lab to increase efficiency including: lab consumables management, chemical management, reagents management, and protocols for equipment.
- Maintenance coordination and tracking of all lab equipment (calibrations, preventative maintenance, repairs and replacements, service contracts, new equipment purchases, space optimization).
- Maintain lab safety standards by frequent education, refreshers, and walk throughs, and maintain an internal Safety Committee, working closely with partnered safety consultants.
- Business continuity planning in the form of emergency protocols and procedures.
- Orient new scientists to the lab space and various lab processes.
- Implementation of environmental sustainability best practices.
- Create and manage standing purchase orders for centralized lab consumables and reagents.
Requirements of the Sr. Laboratory Manager:
- BS or MS in Biology or related area.
- Must have 5+ years laboratory management experience.
- EHS experience is a plus
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.