Sr. Research Associate, Experimental Biology
Responsibilities of the Sr. Research Associate, Experimental Biology:
- Will conduct experimental research studies at the bench, assist with lab management tasks, and contribute to mechanistic studies targeting kidney disease and neurodegenerative disorders.
- Interact and collaborate closely with other experimental and computational biologists, and will be involved in a series of research activities, including experimental design, collaborative efforts between research groups, and verbal and written communication.
- The focus of each experiment and the type of techniques employed may vary in accordance with changing research priorities.
- The candidate should have a background in molecular biology and extensive experience with mammalian cell culture techniques, including the generation of stable and inducible cell lines.
Requirements of the Sr. Research Associate, Experimental Biology:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related life science field required and relevant research experience in related lab techniques.
- 2+ years of experience performing undergraduate research in a laboratory or additional experience in biotech/pharma preferred.
- Co-authorship on publications is considered a plus.
- Experience in cell culture and basic laboratory techniques including western blot analysis, PCR, molecular biology, mouse husbandry/dissection, tissue sectioning/immunofluorescence assays, and cell biology techniques.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.