Sr. Research Associate, Hematology
Responsibilities of the Sr. Research Associate, Hematology:
- Designing, planning, and executing in vitro and in vivo studies with primary human CD34+s and murine HSPCs.
- Culturing and manipulating cell lines and HSPCs from human and mouse primary sources and conducting in vitro differentiation of primary HSPCs.
- Performing multi-parameter flow cytometry.
- Generating, analyzing and interpreting flow cytometry, NGS, RNA-seq and other data.
- Coordinating and working with other research associated and other groups at Beam in a highly matrixed environment, as well as external academic collaborations and CROs.
- Presenting data and findings to internal scientific groups.
- Maintain detailed documentation of experiments in ELN system.
Requirements of the Sr. Research Associate, Hematology:
- BS/MS in life sciences, bio-engineering or related discipline with 1-2 years of experience within biotech/pharmaceutical industry or relevant experience in an academic lab setting.
- Extensive experience with cell culture and sterile technique is required.
- Experience with flow cytometry, qPCR, DNA and RNA extraction, transfections, electroporations, western blotting desired.
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture techniques, including cell line expansion, maintenance, cryopreservation and manipulation.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.