Sr. Research Associate (Microbiology)
- Support bacterial maintenance and execution of experiments involving bacterial DNA extraction, sequencing and PCR analysis.
- Develop anti-microbial assays to identify potential live bacterial candidates for infectious disease applications.
- Media and buffer preparation/sterilization and the cleaning of glassware.
- Position requires significant laboratory effort.
- BS or MS in the life sciences.
- 2+ years prior industry experience, including experience working in project teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of common microbiological/molecular biology techniques (i.e. culturing bacteria, PCR, and DNA isolation) is required.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.