Sr. Research Associate (NGS/FACS)
Responsibilities of the Sr. Research Associate (NGS/FACS):
- Isolation, culture and phenotypic characterization of primary human immune cells.
- Preparation of human tumor samples for single cell RNA sequencing using tumor dissociation and sorting methodologies.
- Ex vivo phenotypic profiling of isolated tumor and immune cells from human patients, as well as pre-clinical model species.
- Development and execution of cell-based assays to investigate functional consequence of target gene perturbation (CRISPR k/o; shRNA; exogenous expression), as well as pharmacological modulation (effect of antibody; recombinant protein treatment).
- Key readouts include phenotypic changes as determined by FACS, QPCR, and ELISA.
- Facilitate efficient transfer of assays to CRO partners where applicable.
Requirements of the Sr. Research Associate (NGS/FACS):
- B.S. or M.S. in immunology, cell or molecular biology or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years experience, preferably in a biotech or pharmaceutical setting.
- Experience in developing assays to interrogate immune-modulatory effects of target gene perturbation and/or antibody treatment.
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture and cell-based functional assays.
- Experience in FACS based cell sorting a plus, but not required.
- Experience with NGS library preparation desired, but not required.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.