Sr. Research Associate (Protein Purification)
Responsibilities of the Sr. Research Associate (Protein Purification):
- Protein production in mammalian systems, expression optimization and biochemical analysis.
- Purification of recombinant proteins using standard methods and equipment.
- Preliminary characterization of proteins using CE-SDS, HPLC, endotoxin assays.
- Maintenance of lab equipment and detailed inventory of team’s lab supplies.
- Troubleshooting and optimization of experimental procedures to provide timely and reliable support.
- Documentation of all methods and results in detail in electronic laboratory notebook.
Requirements of the Sr. Research Associate (Protein Purification):
- BS/MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or similar field with at least 2 years of relevant experience in industrial laboratory setting.
- Strong skill set and hands-on experience in protein production in mammalian systems using transient transfection methods and stable cell lines; experience with stable cell-line development is desired.
- Familiarity with HPLC and skilled in protein purification by various chromatography procedures (affinity, size exclusion, ion exchange) and systems (AKTA, Agilent).
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.