Sr. Research Associate/Scientist
- Develop LC/MS and GC/MS methods to identify and characterize diverse small molecule metabolites, including unnatural molecules.
- Perform or advice scientists regarding molecule extraction from microorganisms.
- Work hand-in-hand with biologists to refine and improve sample extraction and assay methods.
- Perform data analysis on acquired data sets, compile and communicate study findings with scientist.
- Maintain mass spectrometry instrumentation and associated analytical software.
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent with minimum 2 years of work experience, PhD can be considered.
- Proven ability in small molecule detection with LC/MS and GC/MS.
- Previous experience in microbial metabolomics.
- Experience with high-throughput data analysis a plus.
- Familiarity with laboratory automation a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills and team player.
- Inquisitive, self-motivated and likes to learn.
Benefits of the Sr. Research Associate/Scientist:
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.