Sr. Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
Responsibilities of the Sr. Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology:
- The main responsibilities of the candidate are to lead the strategy, planning and execution of activities related to preclinical pharmacology.
- Design, plan and execute experiments and develop assays critical to understand in-vivo therapeutic activity, efficacy, and PK/PD properties of biologics in the ophthalmology area.
- Perform preclinical proof-of-concept studies and interact with clinical development and manufacturing teams to plan, design and supervise IND-enabling studies.
- Experience managing studies remotely through CRO collaborators.
- Documentation of assay development and animal study results.
- Responsible for write-up or review of pre-clinical pharmacology-related section of IND.
Requirements of the Sr. Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology:
- PhD in pharmacology (or related disciplines) with a minimum of 8 years of experience preferably a few in industry.
- Experience in gene therapy and ophthalmology.
- Experience with IND-filing is a plus.
- Ability and commitment to high-quality research and the execution of research plans in a timely and organized manner.
- Strong written and communication skills; and an ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse team in a fast-pace and dynamic environment.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.