Associate Director, LNP Process Development
Responsibilities of the Associate Director, LNP Process Development:
- Guide and support the LNP formulation & process development.
- Support a core function of the team to produce, characterize, and optimize LNP formulations.
- Screen lipids to identify compatibility with gene integration technology and drug targets in collaboration with the platform team.
- Establish and implement a toolset to support LNP process development. This will include high throughput screening technologies and mixing systems for robust scale up to clinical production.
- Drive fundamental improvement of LNP synthesis understanding towards enhancements and simplification of LNP formation.
- Align LNP process development to support LNP formulation teams, with an emphasis on formulation definition, process robustness, scale-up, and stability.
- Support the generation of preclinical LNP material generation.
- Drive the selection, tech transfer, and coordination of contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) for GxP material supply.
- Support the writing of protocols and technical reports to support drug product clinical development.
- Organize workstreams and complete individual and team objectives to maintain project timelines.
- In-depth track record of understanding and experience of RNA containing LNP synthesis and processing.
- Understanding of lipid chemistry, lipid modifications, lipid synthesis, and standard analytical techniques for macromolecules.
Requirements of the Associate Director, LNP Process Development:
- PhD with specialization in Genome Editing, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Molecular Biology or related scientific discipline.
- Previous people leadership experience.
- A proven scientific leader with 5+ years of industry experience in preclinical candidate development focused on genetic disease.
- Direct industry experience in gene therapy or gene editing technologies.
- Experience in Synthetic Biology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Systems Biology, Immunology, or related field.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.