Sr. Scientist- Medicinal Chemistry
Responsibilities of the Sr. Scientist- Medicinal Chemistry:
- Actively participate in cooperative drug discovery projects.
- Work closely with the internal drug discovery teams (analytical group, biology, pharmacology, DMPK and toxicology).
- Assist in managing external research efforts for contract research organization.
- Work for developing scalable synthetic route for promising active compounds.
- Design target molecules and perform multi-step synthesis.
- Analyze SAR based on preliminary biological data.
- Engage proactively in brainstorming and generate creative ideas.
Requirements of the Sr. Scientist- Medicinal Chemistry:
- PhD in Medicinal Chemistry or similar area.
- Must have either postdoctoral experience or prior experience working as a medicinal chemist in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Must have small molecule experience.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.