Sr. Scientist, NGS
Responsibilities of the Sr. Scientist, NGS:
- Identification, design, and execution of NGS-based functional genomics assays that address core R&D needs in cell state mapping and therapeutic molecular validation.
- Collaborate across platform and program teams to develop and scale fit-for-purpose genomic solutions across a variety of sequencing and other molecular and cellular assay technologies.
- Management and mentorship of small laboratory team.
- Establish and manage strategic collaborations with CROs & vendors for critical assays as needs arise.
- Manage NGS-related operations and workstreams.
Requirements of the Sr. Scientist, NGS:
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related fields.
- Must have 1-3 years experience with molecular biology techniques, including experience with NGS assays.
- Hands-on experience with NGS library processing and operation of Illumina instruments.
- Experience in high-throughput automation technologies, such as Tecan liquid handing.
- Familiarity with cell-based assays such as flow cytometry, Western blot, qPCR, ELISA, etc.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.