Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist, Enzymatic Assay Development
Responsibilities of the Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist, Enzymatic Assay Development:
- Provide biochemistry and enzymology leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams for purpose of drug discovery.
- Identify and characterize molecular targets for novel therapeutics.
- Develop biochemical assays for small molecule target testing.
- Develop and implement novel enzymatic and biophysical assays.
- Analyze, interpret and present data to group members, multi-disciplinary project teams and senior management teams.
- Author internal reports and external publications.
- Mentor junior associate and scientists.
Requirements of the Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist, Enzymatic Assay Development:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, or related disciplines, with 2+ years of academic or industry experience.
- Prove expertise in enzymology and biochemistry with displayed experience in assay development, proof of concept, or target platforms.
- Must have prior experience leading/mentoring more junior colleagues in a laboratory based setting.
- Experience with protein characterization with biophysical methods (e.g. DLS, DSF, SPR, crystallography, and cryo-EM).
- Experience with steady-state and pre-steady-state enzymatic assays.
- Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.