Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist (Immunology)
Responsibilities of the Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist (Immunology):
- Collaborate with research and clinical colleagues to develop and defend scientifically rigorous translational and exploratory biomarker strategies. Work closely with discovery and preclinical groups to define translational hypotheses including potential pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers for novel targets.
- Clearly delineate the underlying rationale for such decisions.
- Operationalize other biomarker measurements as needed, including supporting vendor oversight and selection, and bridging research and nonclinical efforts with selected vendor(s) to ensure the data flow provides the information necessary to support program development in a timely manner.
- Support accurate preparation of scientific material for conference presentations and publications, as well as any internal or external scientific communication related to clinical studies or mechanism of action of the study drug.
- Execute specific components of translational biomarker strategy, to support active clinical programs as well as pre-clinical programs approaching IND for FIH studies.
- Oversee flow cytometry assay methodologies.
- Determine which biomarkers and metrics are critical to measure in early phase trials.
Requirements of the Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist (Immunology):
- PhD with focus on immunology and at least 5+ years post-doctoral experience.
- Experience with flow cytometry methodologies, and translational applications.
- Knowledge of core biostatistical concepts and ability to communicate with statisticians.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.