Sr. Scientist, Screening Platform Development
Responsibilities of the Sr. Scientist, Screening Platform Development:
- Work internally and externally with collaborators to design, plan and execute screening methodologies to advance novel clinical candidates in autoimmunity and oncology.
- Responsible for automation of company’s proprietary platform and training others on automation.
- Establish, monitor, and evaluate quality assurance and quality control performance metrics to monitor sample performance, take corrective action where applicable.
- Support and manage interactions with vendors, research associates and others to develop and maintain optimal SOPs and QC.
- Responsible for optimization and execution of the company platform, including biochemical and molecular biology techniques (cloning of high-complexity libraries, PCR-based library preparation for Next Generation Sequencing, etc), and assay development.
- Generate, perform, and analyze workflows pertaining to antibody profiling from bio-banked and clinical human samples.
- Troubleshoot and innovate phage display, immunoprecipitation and ELISA techniques, and novel methods of protein fragment display.
- Scientific creativity, critical thinking, ability to innovate, and problem solve.
Requirements of the Sr. Scientist, Screening Platform Development:
- Ph.D. degree in Immunology, Molecular/Cellular biology or closely related field, 2+ years relevant experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experience in high throughput pooled or DNA based genetic screens is preferred.
- Experience in phage, yeast, insect or other protein fragment display platforms.
- Experience establishing, programming and optimizing lab automation systems.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a team environment, demonstration of quality, proficiency, and attention to details.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.