Upstream Process Development Associate
Responsibilities of the Upstream Process Development Associate:
- Perform basic to complex activities in seed train, fermenter operation, harvest/clarification activity, and purification of plasmid DNA for research purposes.
- Responsible to produce mRNA and other test articles in support of the various programs.
- Apply efficient work-flows to ensure data and materials are available to internal and external groups in a timely manner.
- Oversees raw materials preparation, buffer preparation and machine maintenance as it pertains to pDNA & mRNA production.
- Conduct, troubleshoot, and modify experiments to reach desired goals.
- Complete standard analytical procedures on molecules of interest to ensure the quality of the material prior to further experimentation.
Requirements of the Upstream Process Development Associate:
- BA/BS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline with 1+ years of upstream process development experience.
- Experience with plasmid DNA production processes is a plus.
- Experience in mRNA production and purification is strongly preferred.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.