Position located in Rochester, MN
Responsibilities of the Associate Scientist:
- Will design and clone viral vectors.
- Execute genetic editing strategies in mammalian cell lines via lentiviral vectors, CRISPR, or other novel editing platforms.
- Perform RNA/DNA tissue extractions and basic molecular biology techniques.
- Collaborate with other team members to advance cross-functional scientific projects and standardize adoption of new scientific techniques.
- Following an onboarding period, the candidate will perform experimental research under minimal supervision, but in close collaboration with the rest of the scientific team.
Requirements of the Associate Scientist:
- BS degree in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Virology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Must have 2+ years molecular cloning and mammalian cell culture experience.
- Experience with CRISPR is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.