Responsibilities of the Associate Scientist:
- Plans and executes specific characterization assays, including vector genome quantification by qPCR and ddPCR, viral capsid quantification by ELISA, protein analysis by SDS-Page gels, endotoxin testing and additional assays as needed.
- Identifies complex technical issues and implements solutions under supervision.
- Design and coordinate execution of laboratory studies in support of multiple regulatory filings.
- Responsible for coordination of lab activities, data interpretation, and training of junior associate scientists as necessary.
- Author and review technical documents, including technical reports and regulatory documents.
- Document, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner.
- Effectively collaborate cross-functionally to develop study design and obtain test materials and reagents.
Requirements of the Associate Scientist:
- BS or MS with 5+ years relevant experience.
- Degree emphasis in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, or related field preferred.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, with excellent technical writing skill.
- Experience as primary author of technical documents, including protocols and reports required.
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, ELISAs, and/or Western Blotting required.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.