Director of Business Development – Sequencing
Position located in Boston, MA
Responsibilities of the Director of Business Development – Sequencing:
- Responsible for enterprise sales and accounts in the assigned territory to attain, recapture and expand specific targets.
- Participate in discovery for high impact opportunities.
- Follow-up and track all potential leads originating from web downloads, telephone calls, media advertising, press releases and scientific meetings & seminars to discuss, promote, demonstrate and sell products and services. Intelligently prospect for new customers amongst our existing contacts and new prospects along with cross selling between the legacy businesses.
- Manage strategic partnerships for field service and instrumentation.
- Interface with marketing to help implement plans and initiatives for the benefit of the commercial team.
- Achieve set budgets/sales/margin targets and goals.
- Attend weekly and monthly sales meetings and marketing meetings.
Requirements of the Director of Business Development – Sequencing:
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree preferred.
- Preferably 5+ years working with companies who serviced Academic/Consumer/Life Sciences clients in Research & Development and Commercial growth.
- Strong experience in the Sequencing/NGS/MultiOmics space as well as the regulatory process and environment for pre-clinical research and clinical trials
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.