Responsibilities of the Laboratory Manager:
- Sample management, including sample accessioning, quality check before they are taken for processing, barcoding and storage for streamlined lab operations.
- Assist in optimizing and running company’s proprietary platform as needed, including NGS library prep and sequencing & other basic molecular biology techniques.
- Optimize and maintain processes to manage common lab supplies, stock inventory, and order lab consumables and labware.
- Adhere to lab SOPs to process samples quickly and efficiently as part of a team.
- Ensure appropriate and timely common lab equipment purchasing, integration and services, including price negotiation, purchasing, installation, calibration, preventative maintenance, repairs, service contract renewal, and software and hardware upgrades.
- Institute and maintain equipment management system, including updating databases when equipment is installed, modified, replaced or decommissioned.
Requirements of the Laboratory Manager:
- BA/BS degree and 4+ years laboratory management experience.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with CRO’s and vendors a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and office suites.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.